We approach the holidays like we do any daunting task. We take it a day at a time, a list at a time, and a cocktail at a time----slowly pacing ourselves through the mania of this often stressful season. One thing we hold very near and dear, is of course the importance of 1-or- 2 holiday shoes, which can later translate into our shoe arsenal for year around wear and endless compliments covered in shoe envy!
Here are our top five selects for a well rounded holiday look no matter the vibe! Happy Holidays!
1. Meeting "Ryan's" Parents for the first time Shoe. Any well seasoned guest knows you don't roll up empty handed to a home-hosted event. A bottle, a bouquet, a host gift--you know the drill. First impressions open doors, and also this extends to your shoe game. ORLEANS in pink sends a clear message: I am a sensible high femme lady who cares about being polished and pulled together, but also isn't afraid of an oversized bow now and again. This shoe says it all and more, like, "Nice to meet, you, I am sleeping with your son Ryan, a lot."
2. Just got divorced, but feeling like myself for the first time and just "doing me for once" holiday shoe: Divorce happens, divorce sucks and it can lead to a time of serious solo drinking and internal crumbling---but it doesn't have to be! Hold your head high, start new traditions, eat the damn cookie, and work the holiday party circuit! Become that YES PERSON, that millennial always tweet about! What better way to rise from the ashes of divorce like a reborn Phoenix than in the metallic DICEY mule. It's not overtly sexy, it's not boring, and it sends a clear message: "buying gifts for myself this year."
3. The I moved to LA from NYC three years ago boot and still complain about the people, the traffic, and the people: Being from the city, and I mean THE CITY, is a thing, so moving to LA can get tricky, and finding your social groove in the shadow of all these palm tress can be a task of it's own. But don't let that impact your boot game! The DUTY fabric boot is the simple answer to any person who wants that East Coast vibe no matter where they are calling home. I do not however suggest wearing these to Cafe Gratitude if you are a recent transplant. #whatsyourintention
4. The I secretly hate the holidays but am planning the company Christmas party shoe and want to outshine all of you the night of the event shoe: Planning the office holiday is full of secret pressures (and secret evil pleasures)---everyone from accounting is judging you, you are negotiations over the open bar budget with the venue, all while trying to hold it together, pretending you AREN'T trying to force a casual meet-up with Kaitlyn from the mail room under the mistletoe toe. Kina-2 is a showstopper with a statement heel and perfect sheen and finish to tightly trimmed velvet upper. Being the hostest with the mostest is one thing, but looking effortless while doing so, is even a bigger deal.
5. The I forgot my gift exchange gift so just wrapped up something from my car/bag shoe: The holidays can do it to the best of us, they take a toll and induce thoughtlessness! We've all been there, but rolling up to the gift exchange empty handed then wrapping up a used CD from your car with a few soy sauce packets acting as a bow, is simply the sign of a Social-McGyvor-hood, and we say cheers to thinking on your feet! Our velvet mule slipper, the INTENTIONS comes in four colors and does all the shoe thinking for you. Slip it on, forget the rest, and let the ease and comfort take your mind off the details.